Janitors and security officers live in the communities that have been hardest hit by the economic and environmental crises created by the 1%, which lock our communities into poverty. We are fighting to hold the 1% accountable. We are fighting to make the 1% invest in our communities.
SEIU Local 26 and CTUL aren’t just fighting for rights at work; we’re also fighting for our communities, our schools and the environment. Janitors and security officers aren’t just workers – we are also homeowners, parents, church members, students, and taxpayers, and we support businesses in our communities.
We clean and protect property for some of the largest corporations in the world, including US Bank, Wells Fargo and Target. But we are still locked into poverty, making as little as $7.25 an hour. While our families sink deeper into poverty, the 1% keep getting richer.
Sign the petition and stand with us to:
- Win good, safe jobs with living wages and affordable healthcare;
- Hold banks accountable and stop foreclosures;
- Ensure everyone pays their fair share in taxes;
- Ensure all children receive a good education;
- Protect the environment for the next generation